A letter from our Pastor, Father Gary Simpson…
Thanks be to God—we are finally ready to (with caution and restrictions) gather to gather again as parish and missions.
Attached you will see a summary of the directives from the Catholic Conference of KY in accord with the Governors office. Please read and I hope they are clear and show us how we can respectfully gather together. Please come on time as seating may be limited—if there’s no seat please wait and pray in your car and communion will be distributed to you.
Just an update about some Things—we are allowed to resume masses on the 20th. We will begin at St Clare tomorrow with confessions from 10-11:30. Mass at St Clare at noon (as in all places it may look a little different as we try to limit the exchange of breath and particulate matter).
There will be fewer ministers and some tweaks to help us socially distant at parish and missions—please work with us.
Communion at all masses will be distributed AFTER mass following the six foot social distance rule—proceed out side aisle to back and sanitize your hands and then please leave mask on say nothing. As you approach bow—and come forward (lower your mask and receive). Replace your mask and then exit the building with out congregating.
On Wednesday there will be a come and go opportunity for adoration with sacrament exposed till 6pm
This weekend there will be mass at Our Lady of Mt Vernon (NOTE TIME CHANGE) at 6pm. (No evening mass in Berea)
Mass will be at 9am on Sunday at St Clare. (NoCCD or coffee).
Mass will be at St Paul at its normal time 11:45 (no lunch to follow)
There will be NO Spanish mass this week—-we hope to resume Spanish mass on the 31st
Weekday masses will resume as soon as possible—they will use the prayers and reading from the previous Sunday to allow the aged or vulnerable opportunity to attend with fewer people
I hope you are as eager and anxious as I am to return to the Lord! The time of waiting and praying are nearly done—but please let be respectful and careful for the benefits of everyone
Yours in Christ,
The rev’d G.M. Simpson
Directives For the Resumption of Public Masses
- -Dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass continues in the Diocese of Lexington until further notice.
- -Attendance at each individual Mass or liturgy is limited to 22 parishioners.
- -Social distancing of 6 feet between people not living in the same household must be followed; social distancing is always to be practiced and includes seating, processions, and communion lines.
- -Elderly and vulnerable populations are to be encouraged to participate in the live-streamed Masses.
- -Masks are always to be worn by the congregation except for those receiving communion.
- -There is to be no physical contact during the Lord’s Prayer or during the Sign of Peace.
- -Collections will be received in the baskets near the entrances.
- -We will have no paper bulletins. Digital bulletins will be distributed.
-No missals will be available. You may bring your own.
- -Communion will be distributed after Mass. Please receive cautiously and only if you are ready and certain it’s the correct thing to do.