We have 2 announcements regarding the 2020 Christmas Forward program.
1) We are currently accepting sign-ups for our 2020 Christmas Forward program.
What you need to know…
- You MUST have custody/be legal guardian of the kids that you sign up.
- Our program is kids ages 0-15 (we’ve upped our age limit)
- If your family is on food stamps (you must provide proof) then the program is free. If you aren’t on food stamps or can’t provide proof, then it’s $5 per child.
- Every family is responsible for completing 35 hours of community service. This can include traditional service (volunteering at a community organization, your church, etc), G.E.D. classes, job training, counseling (personal or family), parenting classes, vo-tech classes/training, family enrichment programs, etc.
- Service hours are due by December 4, 2020 and you may not have someone related to you sign off on them.
Prior to the day of our program, we’ll let you know when your assigned shopping time is. We’ll have helpers to assist you with shopping and getting everything to your car. Only the adult who’s on our sign up list will be allowed to shop. Each child will get a MINIMUM of 3 brand new toys/gifts. In years past we’ve also been able to give children toiletries, coats, blankets, games, school supplies, undergarments, and more toys.
To sign up, please send us a message on Facebook or call us at 287-7601.
Due to Covid-19 and fewer opportunities for service, we will be hosting several service days this fall to help people get their hours in.
2) SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 26, 2020 IS THE FIRST OPPORTUNITY FOR FAMILIES TO GET SERVICE HOURS AT ST. PAUL.
10AM – 4PM
YOU MUST CALL 287-7601 TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT FOR 1, 2, OR 3 HOURS OF WORK. INDOOR WORK SPACE IS LIMITED TO ALLOW FOR SOCIAL DISTANCING.
PLEASE WEAR CLOTHING AND SHOES GOOD FOR CLEANING, YARD WORK, ETC. THAT YOU DON’T MIND GETTING DIRTY.